We back strong management teams, with investment and expertise to help accelerate growth.
York’s Private Equity Special Opportunities Funds (YSOF) primarily target control investments in middle-market businesses. YSOF seeks companies that can benefit from York’s resources and experience. YSOF seeks to back experienced management teams with strong visions for their businesses.
YSOF has a broad investment mandate, enabling it to tailor each platform investment to the needs of existing shareholders and managers. YSOF has flexible capital and can offer creative structuring options. YSOF generally employs a conservative approach to leverage, targeting investment returns from growth and achieving management plans.
- Companies undergoing ownership transitions or recapitalizations
- Partial buyout and partnership with founders/owner-operators
- Corporate divestitures
- Growth capital
- Special situations (e.g., turnarounds, out-of-favor businesses)
- Equity project financings
- Asset purchases (e.g., real estate, manufacturing plants)
YSOF is generally industry agnostic. Historically, YSOF has targeted companies across a broad spectrum of industries, including:
- Building products/residential services
- Business services
- Chemicals and petrochemicals
- Consumer/specialty finance
- Energy and energy services
- Fitness/health & wellness
- Leisure, resort, hospitality and retirement
- Transportation and logistics
*As of January 1, 2020. Includes only YSOF I and II.
Total number of businesses in portfolio*
The year York Private Equity strategy was launched
THE EXPERIENCE OF
Total combined years’ experience of Private Equity team
Number of dedicated Private Equity team members
to unlock value.
The dedicated private equity team works collaboratively with businesses to execute growth initiatives and seek to unlock value.
York’s partnership model is focused on:
Backing, building and incentivizing
strong management teams.
value creation roadmaps prior to investing.
with management to seek to drive value creation.
management teams by leveraging internal or external resources.
on exit and monetization process prior to, and throughout, ownership.